The inaugural event will be held at the National Park Village School grounds on Buddo Street with the mountains of Tongariro National Park as a backdrop on Saturday 3 June 2023, with Sunday, 4 June as the rain day.
Entry for vehicles is free in seven categories, with prizes to be awarded in each, plus an overall Best of Show award.
The categories are:
- Veteran Vehicles (VET) - Motor vehicles constructed prior to 31 December 1918
- Vintage Vehicles (VV) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1919 and 31 December 1931
- Post Vintage Vehicles (PVV) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1932 and 31 December 1945
- Post War Vehicles (PWV) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1946 and 31 December 1960
- Post 1960 Vehicles (P60V) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1961 and 31 December 1980
- Post 1980 Vehicles (P80V) - Motor vehicles constructed on or after 1 January 1981, and at least 30 years old
- Custom Caravans - Any year, make or manufactured model designated as a caravan motor vehicle.
To request a no-fee entry application please email: [email protected]. All show entries must be received by Saturday, 27 May 2023.
Entrance is FREE for spectators and there will be fun for the whole family – an awards ceremony, a swap meet, raffles, coffee carts, food trucks, and more!
Enter today and be sure to book a place to stay soon. There’s plenty of accommodation in the area including National Park Village, Raurimu, and Whakapapa Village with something for all tastes and budgets, as well as great dining options.