Forgotten World Adventures Gift Voucher
Unplugged yet still on the line as you travel the entire Forgotten World Railway on this two-day Rail Cart adventure from Taumarunui to Stratford (or reverse).
Self-drive your rail cart along a decommissioned railway line, through tunnels, over bridges and rivers steeped in history and stories of the past. Explore back-country ghost towns and discover untouched New Zealand landscapes by air, boat and rail on our guided tours. Or step off the grid entirely and travel the length of the Whanganui River connecting with the past and the present with stories of our indigenous people and colonial tales.
Explore the full 142km length of the Okahukura-Stratford Line
Travel through all 24 tunnels, cross all 98 bridges and see the remnants of the original settlements along the line
2 days of full immersion in the scenery, stories and history of the Forgotten World
- Stay overnight in the Republic of Whangamomona
- 142km Rail Cart Journey - the full length of the SOL line
- Knowledgeable local guides
- Overnight accommodation in the Republic of Whangamomona; including dinner and breakfast.
- Morning & Afternoon tea on both days - includes home baking & snacks
- Hearty Ploughman's lunch on both days
- Local transfers to/from start and end points (return transport not included) - please note shuttle to/from Taumarunui/Stratford is 3hrs. Alternatively, we can shift your vehicle.
- Transfers of your overnight luggage
Pricing and Conditions
(December 1 - May 1)
$139-$329 (Child, 15 and under))
Business Hours: Booking Office 9am to 5pm - book now on our website www.fwa.co.nz
Months of Operation : Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec