This is a great ride in a stunning location. We will meet at theMangatepopo Camp on Friday afternoon from 3 pm. This will be a track exploration excursion with a 2 night stopover on Friday and Saturday night. We are booked in at the Mangatepopo Camp which will include accommodation. You will need to provide your own food and refreshments for the weekend.
We will meet at the Mangatepopo Camp on Friday afternoon at 3 pm. Please note: We shall be conducting a warm the bikes up ride on Friday afternoon; if you are interested, please email or phone Wayne (departure at 4 pm on Friday afternoon) so he knows you are coming.
The ride is a fixed fee whether you come for 1 or 2 nights (use the green ticket button to book).
This event will take us into the National Park. Here is a loose itinerary of rides:
- Friday afternoon (warm the bikes up local tracks)
- Saturday full day exploration
- Sunday half-day exploration
42 Traverse, State Highway 47, Manawatu-Wanganui 3989
You Should Bring
- Water Bottles
- Tow Rope
- First Aid Kit
- Spare Parts and Puncture Repair Kit
- Helmet and Suitable clothing for varied conditions
- Sleeping Bag (pillow for extra comfort)
- Dry Food / food for the duration
- Extra Fuel
- Toothbrush and toiletries
- Sharp Saw
- Chilly Bins
Please note that there are NO fuel stops anywhere along the route. You must be carrying enough fuel to see you through the trip.
For more information head here!