Taumarunui's art deco cinema, situated in the Ruapehu district.

The site, formerly occupied by a hotel/ boarding house, made way for the construction of a “modern picture theatre” for the Imperial Picture Company, now our 82 year old Regent Cinema, which opened on 21st March 1935 to a full house of 700.

With a huge screen measuring 9x3.7 m, and now seating 330 due to the screen being brought forward in the 80s, it remains one of the largest in the country today. Similar buildings of this era have either been bulldozed or rehashed into several smaller box-like cinemas.

We endeavour to screen a diverse selection of the latest and most sought-after movies when they become available.